Rosie Perez

Rosie Perez was born to Lydia Perez (a merchant marine) in Bushwick, Brooklyn. Rosie is Puerto Rican. Rosie was educated at Grover Cleveland High School, Ridgewood, Queens, New York. She later began her studies at Los Angeles City College, Los Angeles, California. Rosie Perez, who was in her second year at college she was planning to relocate back to New York. Her friends had invited her to the opportunity to have a party to celebrate. She accepted the invitation from Spike Lee to work in his film Do the Right Thing (1989). This was her first acting role in a major film. In Peter Weir's Fearless (1993) she played the supporting character Carla Rodrigo, for which she was nominated to win an Academy Award for Best Supporting Artistress. (She lost to Anna Paquin for The Piano (1993). The Latin community was the source for the majority of my criticism early in my career. They would take me out for lunch and tell me, "Can you go and take lessons to lessen the sound of your voice?". or "Can you be funny and loud during a talk-show?" Many people gave me crap about my voice, and I tried. It was my voice that I didn't want to change. My octaves decreased when I got older, thanks to God. It's all about conquering your fears. Boxing is more about fighting for your rights. Floyd Mayweather could be punched. Straight shot in his middle. He would not blink. I know what he's doing. [Who mentioned Don Cornelius watching her dance" Don Cornelius did not want to know how I danced - I was doing hip-hop, and it seemed unfamiliar to the people of California. They were accustomed to popping and locking, and so hip-hop dancing wasn't something they would like to learn. Don was like, "No. You're a woman. I thought, "What? This is very strange. It was really strange.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beautiful Pics Of Alexandra Breckenridge and Alexandra Holden Feet And Legs

Amy Poehler

Lena The Plug